Foster Eligibility & Rules for Events
- Dogs must be out of a shelter environment for 14 days. Sometimes dogs have been in a foster home prior to coming to SHH so ask your foster coordinator if they are able to attend!
- Puppies must be at least 12 weeks old with at least one set of shots a week prior to the event.
- Puppies 12-16 weeks MAY NOT touch the ground (this means they need to be held or in a wire crate).
- Dogs must be reasonably behaved for an on-leash event.
- Dogs who are causing a ruckus, distraction, or a scene will be asked to leave.
- Cats must have at least one set of shots, test negative for Feline Leukemia, and if over four months, must have rabies vaccination.
- Cats should be in visible crates for potential adopters to view (this means wire crates, not plastic. There are many small wire crates available at the office if you need one).
- Dogs and cats must be in a healthy condition.
If you have any questions or to confirm your foster animal is eligible to attend an event, please contact your Foster Coordinator.