** Gemma (fka Jazz) D190072
Dachshund / Hound / Mixed (short coat) / Female / Baby
Details about ** Gemma (fka Jazz) D190072
- ID D190072
- Available for Adoption
- Black with Tan, Yellow or Fawn
- Coatlength: Short
- Activity Level: High
- Good with Dogs: Yes
- Good with Adults: All
- Reaction to New People: Friendly
More about ** Gemma (fka Jazz) D190072
- Energy Level: High
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor Only
Age: DOB 1/4/2019
Breed: Dachshund / Hound
Weight: 29 lbs
Dog friendly: Yes
Cat friendly: Unknown
Kid friendly: High energy and sometimes mouthy, not best suited for young or small children
House Trained: Yes
Crate Trained: Yes
Energy level: High
History: Born to Ethel in rescue
Adoption Fee: $450
From the Foster:
Gemma is the most cuddly, loving, full of life pup you'll ever meet; it's hard to believe she was actually an adoption return due to extreme anxiety and occasional anxiety related aggression! We've spent the last 5mo. giving Gemma all the love and security in the world, and it has absolutely paid off! This dog who used to be scared of strangers, loud noises, and unknown places is now a curious, full of energy adventurer (and when I say full of energy, I mean it!).
We've learned a lot about Gemma over the past few months and have a few key recommendations in order to set her up for success in her forever home:
1) No small/young children - Gemma can be mouthy, especially when she gets excited. With her anxious background, it is better for her to be in a home with humans who can read her mood and react appropriately if she is scared for any reason.
2) Patience! Gemma is high-energy and very strong, she will need continued training on the least as she is a big 'puller' right now. She would love a yard but would also do well in a condo/apartment so long as she receives frequent exercise.
3) Socialization - Gemma has come a long ways in terms of beating her anxiety but continued socialization with other people and dogs will help her be a non-anxious pup in the long run! She loves other dogs and would be happy to go to a home with other furry friends (her interaction with cats is currently unknown).