American Pit Bull Terrier (short coat) / Female / Adult
Details about BaeBae D170710
- ID D170710
- Available for Adoption
- Tan/Yellow/Fawn with White
- Coatlength: Short
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Good with Dogs: Yes
- Good with Cats: No
- Good with Adults: All
- Reaction to New People: Friendly
More about BaeBae D170710
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor Only
Age: DOB Approx. 4.16.15
Dog friendly: Yes
Cat friendly: No
Kid friendly: Yes
House Trained: Working on it!
Crate Trained: Doesnt need to be
Energy level: Moderate
History: Pulled from an animal shelter
Adoption Fee: $350.00
From the Foster:
Hi, I’m BaeBae, as you can probably tell by looking at me. I am the queen of sweetness and a perfect balance of calm snuggles (80%), playful toy wiggles (15%), and pitty zoomies (5%). Right now, I am working really hard on building up my confidence about my behavior. I love scratches, gentle praise, and kisses, but I still have a hard time understanding that I am getting them because I’ve done something good, like sitting or pottying outside. I’m not used to humans liking what I am doing! I won’t tell my foster mommy my history because I’m way more interested in the future, but she thinks I had a rough past because I still cringe at loud noises, duck and run if someone raises a hand or object, follow my safe humans everywhere, and hide to go potty.
Even though I’m a little bit shy with new people and prefer to be safe on my couch when we meet, every person that’s visited my foster mommy (FM) in the past week (6 people so far—our other house-human is popular!) has fallen in love me. It’s because I’m really, really good at gentle snuggles AND I’m really pretty. Like, REALLY pretty. Including my cute little booty. FM says she didn’t know it was possible to be obsessed with a dog’s booty until she met me.
I’m really good at keeping my cute lil booty well behaved, too! I’m very quiet, I know my name and am learning “sit,” and I almost ALWAYS come when I’m called. FM hasn’t even tried to put me in the crate yet because I do so well shut in our bedroom during the day—as long as she makes sure to put any tasty clothing out of reach! I even hold my potty all day, as long as I’m in our room. Do you want to know why I call it “OUR” room? Because we share the comfy bed together every night! I LOVE blankies. SO much. And my humans. Especially both at the same time Let me tell you a little about other things I love!
My favorite things:
· Scratchies and snuggles!
· Making blankie nests
· Every soft surface Ever
· Blankies, blankies, blankies!
· Kisses between my eyes and on my nose (even though humans don’t understand that they are supposed to use tongue for kissies)
· Fabric for shredding, shaking, chewing! FM gave me special things that I am allowed to chew, and I’m so happy! I only sometimes get distracted by socks and undies, now!
· Whatever my foster brother is playing with or eating!
· Sniffing outside! Yummy!
· Having a doggie friend to play with and to show me the ropes
Things I don’t like:
· When new people are loud with me :C
· Pottying in front of people
· Getting off the bed or couch (FM doesn’t blame me for this one)
· Doggies that are mean to me! I just have to roll over and show my whole belly because it’s so scary!
Things I’m still not sure about:
· New people?! I still get nervous, but never mean!
· Why foster mommy gives me treats when my booty touches the floor
· Why my foster brother doesn’t want to run in circles with me for zoomies
· The purpose of walking around the neighborhood
· Where and when to potty—I know sometimes foster mommy gets excited and sometimes she calls me away from my potties to go somewhere else—but I still prefer to hide-and-go-pee (inside or outside) because it’s less confusing! I really wanna make her happy though.
All I want from life is some humans and maybe doggies to give me hugs and kisses (and BLANKIES!!!) every day, someone to lay with on the couch, a few good toys, and some patience to help me build confidence so I can learn so many new skills! And maybe some room to run in circles for 5 minutes straight, one time per day!
Foster mommy loves me so much and talks about me all the time, so she says if you have any questions about me, you should send in an application for me so you two can talk about me some more and decide together!