Domestic Short Hair / Male / Adult
Details about Gretzky C170120
- ID C170120
- Adopted for Adoption
- Orange and White
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Grooming Needs: Low
- Shedding: Moderate
- Good with Dogs: Yes
- Good with Cats: Yes
- Good with Adults: All
- Reaction to New People: Friendly
More about Gretzky C170120
- Energy Level: Moderate
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor Only
Age: ~1-2 years
Breed: Domestic Short Hair
Weight: 8 Pounds
Dog friendly: Yes
Cat friendly: Yes
Kid friendly: Yes
Litter Box Trained: Yes
Energy level: Moderate
History: Stray from local animal control
Adoption Fee: $150
From the Foster:
Gretzky is a pretty funny cat. He is going through his teenage angst years with us. Wants to be independent but still wants to be close by. Wants to be pet, then walks away. If he feels ignored he’ll let you know that now is the time to pet him.
He truly believes he is a lion, especially when it come to playing with his feather-cat toy. Foster Dad will wiggle it on the floor and Gretzky will hunker down and get ready to pounce. He would like people to know that he is super graceful and never misses a pounce. Ever.
Gretzky is currently living in a big cat condo and enjoys his time on a high perch where he survey the land he over sees. He tends to listen to the Lion King often, “everything the light touches is “our”/my kingdom. Like most cats, he enjoys being high up.
- Gretzky doesn’t mind being picked up, but not for long periods of time. He likes to have his space as he enjoys the prospect of investigating his surroundings.
Gretzky is young and learning that getting what he wants does not mean he needs to be mouthy. A quick ‘no’ will help correct him, but super young kids may not be the best for him.
- Prior to him coming into our home, he hung out with a doggy and they both did just fine. But probably a dog that is used to cats would work well for him, or one that is okay being swatted as he has those kitty-like nails.
- uses his litter with no issues, has never missed the box since he’s been with us.
- would do well with scratching posts around the house as he’s learning those things are meant for him
- Gretzky is not a huge talker, only when he’s trying to get more play time. But at night he’s very content staying in his condo and lounging like the cool dude that he is.
Over all, Gretzky is a great little..eh hem…big old lion. He’s a charmer, he makes us laugh often when playing with his kitty toys. And sometimes we get the feeling he’s getting ready to try out for GQ as we’ll catch his lying ina model-esque post.