Conditions of Surrender
We only accept dogs and cats in our surrender program. All animals 6 months of age and older must be up to date on their rabies vaccine to be considered. All veterinary records must be sent to us via email or fax in order for the surrender to be reviewed by our team.
We require a $10 non-refundable donation before we will process your application. This donation is tax deductible.
If your pet is formerly from Secondhand Hounds, we will refund your donation once all paperwork is submitted.
We cannot guarantee acceptance of your animal, and we do not accept animals with the following:
- Animal aggression issues
- Multiple bite history
- A Dangerous Dog or Potentially Dangerous Dog declaration by the county
- Severe separation anxiety
- Cat urination/defecation outside of the litter box
Please allow up to one week for a response from our team.
- Fill out the Pet Surrender Application.
- After filling out the application, you will be redirected to PayPal to make the $10 non-refundable donation. This must be received before your application is processed.
- Vet records must be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 612-465-6444, unless the animal is a stray and you do not have vet records.
For questions regarding the application or the surrender process, email email@example.com.