Come Work for Us!
We are Hiring a Veterinarian!
Thank you for your interest in working for Secondhand Hounds! We are currently hiring a Veterinarian to work in our clinic next door to our office in Minnetonka! We are offering a competitive salary for this role.
We are currently looking for a full time veterinarian to get our clinic fully off the ground! We are looking for someone with 5+ years of clinic experience to help improve our animal care and in-clinic processes. This position will be the second veterinarian on staff and we are currently only servicing animals owned by Secondhand Hounds. Looking for an immediate start date.
Secondhand Hounds has approximately 200-250 dogs and 100+ cats in rescue at any one time. We are looking for team players who like a fun, collaborative, and fast paced environment with a high level of animal care.
To apply, please send resume, short statement of interest, 2+ references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
We are Hiring a Dog Training Coordinator!
Secondhand Hounds is searching for an internal Training Coordinator. This would be a volunteer position, averaging about 5 hours per week.
- Responsible for coordinating training classes with Secondhand Hounds trainer and external partners for fosters and adopters
- Manage and develop partnership with trainers and provide visibility to the classes they offer
- Answer questions from fosters and adopters and direct to the appropriate trainer
- Manage the Secondhand Hounds owned email Training@secondhandhounds.org on behalf of the organization
Future of this Role:
- Develop training classes for fosters to attend on a weekly basis based on needs (leash obedience, basic obedience, puppy socialization, reactivity)
- Find a trainer/speaker to hold a monthly or bi-monthly seminar for people interested in discussing specific behavioral needs of their foster or adoptive animal
- Develop relationships with trainers who are able to offer 1 on 1 training in the home for fosters and adopters
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.