Thank you for your interest in working for Secondhand Hounds!
We are currently hiring a Dog Trainer/Animal Behaviorist! This position will start at 20 hours/week. 8 of those hours will be in office, and 12 hours will be remote or traveling to foster or adopter homes (emails, phone calls at home). This position does have the potential for growth. Due to the nature of our organization, we require a person with a Dog Training Certification or 3+ years of employment with a dog training company.
Secondhand Hounds utilizes positive reinforcement techniques. You will work with our foster animals on behaviors such as animal aggression, human reactivity, resource guarding, separation anxiety, leash training, potty training, and more. You will also work with our adopters to support them through their adoptions. Provide in-home sessions for our fosters and adopters. We want to develop and run training classes at our office (puppy school, obedience, dog to dog reaction, etc.). You will utilize phone and email to support our fosters and adopters through behavioral issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and organizational skills.
- Technology experience including: Microsoft Office, Gmail/Google Docs, and social media.
- 5+ years of experience working with rescue animals.
- 3+ years of experience training all breeds of dogs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ references to be submitted with your application and resume.
To apply, please send resume, short statement of interest, 2+ references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.