There are many ways you can help a rescue! The biggest way is by becoming a foster parent, if you live in the Metro area (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Rochester or Mankato). Secondhand Hounds will do it’s best to match you with the perfect foster dog for your family. We provide all of the food and medical care, as well as a crate. Your job is to love the foster dog as your own until the perfect home is found!
If you have questions about volunteering, please contact Rachel at Rachel@SecondhandHounds.org or Mandi at Events@SecondhandHounds.org!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please go to our volunteer application!
If you are interested in becoming a foster home, please go to our foster application!
Other ways you can help:
- Transportation is always needed, whether you can transport dogs, or pick up supplies, etc.
- Crates, food, bowls, leashes, collars, and other donations are always needed and appreciated! Or click the link if you would rather give a cash donation! Since we are a 501(c)3, we can provide a donation receipt for any donations!
- Spread the word to friends and family that they should adopt rather than buy from a breeder!
- Bring one of our dogs to an adoption event.
- For other ways to help, please check out fun activities that benefit our rescue!
- If you have a skill that you feel as though could benefit Secondhand Hounds, please do not hesitate to contact us at Rachel@SecondhandHounds.org!