1. Potential applicant searches adoptable dogs or adoptable cats & critters and fills out an application. Your application only shows that you are truly interested in meeting the animal and it is not binding. If you want to meet the animal, start by filling out the application!
2. Foster reviews applications and schedules a “meet and greet.” This could take place at an adoption event, or at the office or a home.
3. If foster and adopter agree it’s a good fit, then an adoption home visit request will be sent to our team of volunteers and vet/reference checks will be done by our adoption coordinator.
4. After home visit is completed and approved, payment and signature of adoption contract are completed. Our adoption fee includes the cost of the age appropriate spay/neuter surgery, microchip implant, heart worm test, rabies/distemper vaccinations (if old enough), and feLeuk/FIV test. We do not microchip cats since we require them to be indoors. Kittens must be at least 8 weeks old and at least 2 pounds to be spayed/neutered before adoption. *Adoption fees are non-negotiable*
5. Once payment and adoption contract are received and completed, the new owners can pick up their pet!